Well, hello guys!
I'm starting off 2017 with rainbows. Weeeee!
As seen on Instagram, I'm sharing some tips and tricks of making this gorgeous Eat in Rainbow flatlay. It's really easy. All you need is patience, a good weather (by good "flatlay" weather, I mean cloudy days haha) and a lovely white background to work with.
I normally position my flatlay board out in the courtyard, where I get lots of soft, natural light or as close as possible to the window when I style them in the kitchen. Avoid harsh afternoon sunshine hehe.
Okay, now straight to the Rainbow flatlay.
The most important thing to have is a small plate (from a tea cup) or anything small and circular to start with, like a cellotape or a CD (Um, CD? Who still uses them haha).
Pick the purpliest and of darkest blue kind of fruits you can find. In my case, black grapes and blueberries are the ones hehe. Create a semi-circle and slowly work your way through with lime green all the way to the multi-coloured arc.
Here are some fruits and veggies I've used in my rainbow arc :
1. Red : cherry tomatoes, Truss tomatoes, red capsicum, strawberries
2. Orange : carrots, orange capsicum, peaches
3. Yellow : yellow cherry tomatoes, yellow capsicum, lemons
4. Lime Green : limes, kiwis, figs, white grapes (but they're actually green)
5. Purple : Black grapes (but close to purple/dark blue colours), blueberries
Feel free to slice some citruses, cherry tomatoes and strawberries. These fruits are absolutely the prettiest when cut into half. Perfect for flatlay!
Well, looking forward to seeing all the gorgeous beautiful "Eat in Rainbow" flatlay.